We currently have a vacancy for a Catering Assistant -
- Commencement date: 30th October 2017
- Advertisement closing date: Friday 13th October
- Interview date: Tuesday 17th October
Manor Fields is a thriving primary school that has a Resource Base for children with Complex Needs. We are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to complement our existing excellent team of support staff.
Ideally, you will have prior experience of working with children and be willing to undertake any training required for the role. The successful candidate will need to work closely with all other staff in order to meet the children’s needs to ensure that lunchtimes are safe and happy.
- Setting up the dining are for lunchtime, e.g putting out tables and chairs.
- Tidy and clean up after serving at lunchtime including washing up and carry out deep cleans as and when required
- To be vigilant in respect of health and safety issues - cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean and tidy, stacking chairs, etc
- To be familiar with information regarding children’s arrangements including allergies
- To participate in job-related training including Food Safety Level 2 and in house equipment training
- To observe health and safety and security requirements
- To read, understand and adhere to all of the schools policies, especially the Code of Conduct
- To maintain good working relationships with other school staff and to co-operate with reasonable changes to daily work routines to assist with the smooth operation of the school
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys working with children
- Has personal presence, enthusiasm and approachability
- Is resourceful and self-motivated
- Has good personal organisation and time management skills
- Is reliable and shows integrity
- Is able to work effectively as part of a team.
Salary: Grade Dependent upon experience
Hours: 2 hours a day, 39 weeks per year.
For further details and application form, please contact:
Ms Jo McMorrin, Headteacher or the school office
Manor Fields Primary School
Salisbury SP2 7EJ
Visits and discussions with the Headteacher are warmly welcomed.
Phone: 01722 322832
or visit our school website www.manorfieldsprimary.co.uk
Manor Fields Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full DBS check before appointment is confirmed.