Welcome to Skylarks
Our team includes Miss Trevis, Mrs Tedd and Miss Cooper. On Wednesday afternoons, children will have Miss Nutt for Spanish and Mrs Painter for Music.
- When children come to school in the morning, they will have an opportunity to practise their English and Maths next step learning. We call these their passports. Their passports are at the back of their English and Maths books. Each passport has a number of targets for children to achieve, which we test and once achieved we tick off. We will also be completing our times table books, new for this year, to encourage children to practise their times tables as often as possible.
- The children will be doing P.E. on Thursdays and Fridays so please ensure your child has their PE kit in school and that all items are clearly labelled. Please note P.E. days may change throughout the course of the year so it is helpful if children have their PE kits in school at all times. Children who have their ears pierced must be able to take their earrings out.
- We also ask that children do not bring pencil cases to school please.
- Home learning will be set every Wednesday and will need to be returned the following Monday. All home learning will be English or Maths based. A list of individualised spellings will be sent out for your child to practise. These spellings will be tested approximately every 3 weeks and then a new set of spellings will be sent out. Children are also expected to practise their times tables and these will be tested regularly. Children each have their own aeroplane that will be moved from one ‘island’ to the next when completing a given table. It is expected that children know up to 12x12 by the end of Year 4.
- We ask for you to listen to your child read at least three times a week. Please sign and initial your child’s reading record each time you read at home with your child. If you wish to comment as well, that would be most welcome.
- Our class camping trip will take place during the Summer term at Berwick St James guide site. We will stay for one night and there will be a meeting closer to the date which will provide more information,.
We are really looking forward to working together to ensure an exciting and successful year for your child. Please do not hesitate to come and see me or any member of our team either before or after school if you have any questions or queries: the door is always open!
Thank you for your support.
Please click here for the Autumn 2018 curriculum letter.